domingo, 25 de enero de 2009

Glide OS? Not my choice...


Since I read on a PC World Magazine about Web 2.0 Operating Systems...I get really interested and wanted to try them out.
My first and only attempt so far had been with Glide OS.

Ok, let's see...This OS has been build with Flex which is really cool, because everyone knows how much I love Flex...

First, we got a nice login screen...


The desktop looks cool too, with a lot of direct access to nice applications.


I tried Present which is an application to create Presentations.


Sadly, I found a nasty bug...Put a small square, and I was supposed to double click it in order to write some text...Well...That never happened...


Then...I give Write a chance...As you may had noticed...It's an application to write documents...


Finally, I tried the Calculator application...And I said finally because I simply logoff from this OS.


Wanna know why I logoff? Easy...As a Programmer's point of view...I think this is an amazing project...Very hard to accomplish...But as a Customer I think it totally fails to fulfill my needs...Why? Easy, take a look a this...


Zoho Writer. Free and way much better. In every aspect.


SlideRocket. Free and way much better. In every aspect.

Ok, you might think...One thing is to build an application, and another thing is too build a complete OS...Let's remember that Zoho.com offers a lot of services, not only a Word like application.

I think that the makers of Glide OS could had spend more time working of the UI of their applications, because I can't find the words Alpha or Beta anywhere.

Definitely...Not my choice...

Greetings,

Blag.

No hay comentarios: