jueves, 10 de julio de 2014

LED - My first Julia package

So yesterday I was thinking about Julia and how easy people claim package development is...of course...I need to give it a try...

I wanted to start small and simple...so I build something useless mostly for fun and learning...

The LED Package simply writes an LED representation of any given number...

julia> Using LED

julia > ShowLED(12345)

   _  _       _  
|  _| _| |_| |_  
| |_  _|   |  _| 

As simple as that...and it took me no more than 5 minutes to get it done...

So, I can confirm now that package development in Julia...is a piece of cake -:)

If everything was done nicely...you should be able to do...

julia > Pkg.add("LED")

otherwise...please do...

julia > Pkg.clone("git@github.com:atejada/LED.jl.git")

Of course...this was just an experiment...so of course I'm planning to put my mind into the work and come up with some nice and useful packages -;)

Greetings,

Blag.
Development Culture.

2 comentarios:

Francis dijo...

No luck with finding you git or adding via the Pkg.add command. Thanks for your post.

Alvaro "Blag" Tejada Galindo dijo...

Really? That's no good -:( Pkg.clone should work using git@github.com:atejada/LED.jl.git or
https://github.com/atejada/LED.jl

Greetings,

Blag.
Development Culture.