jueves, 26 de diciembre de 2013

Cookoo Watch - Product Review

So...what do a geek like me get for Christmas?


A Cookoo watch of course! -:D

So...let's review it -;)


The watch comes in a nice Birdhouse like case...that can be actually used as a real Birdhouse...or at least...that's what they propose...nice I should say -:)


The watch is a little bit big but doesn't feel annoying when wearing it...after the first 5 minutes...you simply get used to it...also...but being able to link it with your phone...it couldn't be small...


One of the things that I like about the watch is that it allows you to control the phone camera...this by using the Cookoo Life software that it's of course...available for free...actually...I obviously took the picture by using the "Command button" on the watch -;)

Another cool thing...is that it allows you to control the music...one single click to Pause/Play...but longer to change the song and a bit long to actually stop it...

Regarding the battery life...well...the watch connects to your phone by using Bluetooth Smart...so it really doesn't drain too much battery...I made a small experiment today...

I charged my phone up to 100%...then leave home and walk to the office...which takes me around 40 minutes...I had the music on and was checking email, Facebook and Foursquare...when I hit the office...only 8% was drained...so we could say...around 1% every 5 minutes...something like 8 hours till the next recharge...of course...not taking into account "Phone calls"...that will drain your battery quickly...I gotta say...not bad at all...

Also...the watch itself comes with a regular watch battery...so there's no need to charge it...it's supposed to last for at least a year and it's very easy to replace...it's water resistant as well -;)

So...what else does this nice watch does?


As you can see...it can tell you if you have a missing call...if you have new emails...if you have a calendar appointment...if you have a Facebook message...and if you're forgetting your phone...

It's also supposed to allow you to do Facebook check-ins...but I haven't been able to make it work on the latest Cookoo Life update....as the current version is a new one designed specially for IOS 7...I guess they keep working on making it better...

One thing that caught my attention was this....


So...they will release an API to allow developers to create new way to connect the Phone with the watch...I already have some nice ideas but I prefer for now to wait for API to be released before I drop out something...

So far...I love this watch...haven't got any "disconnect" problems...and it's working as promised...can't wait to see how this evolves in the future -:)

Greetings,

Blag.
Developer Empowerment and Culture.

No hay comentarios: