martes, 31 de diciembre de 2013

Getting Started with Meteor.js JavaScript Framework - Book Review

Since I got this book I got some interest in reading it...mainly because with so many JavaScript Frameworks...I was skeptic...but...Meteor just totally blown my mind...this is my review...



Two things comes to mind one when I think about this book...both Meteor.js and the book...totally rocks! Why? Simply because the book is really well explained...it's funny...yes...it's funny...and it comes with a real full blown application to build...I will show the screens later...

If you're a Windows user like me...follow this link Meteor on Windows. Otherwise...just use the regular link...

The book is not really long...as it's only 131 pages...but it covers everything you need to know to go out and build your first applications...really...after reading the book you just want to build stuff...and I already have a couple of things in mind -;)

The book introduce you to the following themes...
  • Templates
  • Data, Meteor Style
  • Security and Accounts
  • Packaging and Deploying
So...one cool thing about Meteor...is that it comes bundled with Minimongo...a minimized version of the document based MongoDB...which is course more than enough for simple applications...

Now...I guess that you don't believe me...you still think that Meteor is just another JavaScript Framework...well...let me tell you...it has become for sure...my favorite JavaScript Framework...sorry AngularJS....


This is the application that you build with the book...a simple "Lending" application...so you can keep track of your stuff...



Not impressed yet? Well...Meteor comes with a Login UI package...



So you don't have to deal with internal stuff...just create your user...and have fun -:)

The only problem I see right now with Meteor...is that there are not enough books...but hopefully that's going to change while the framework becomes more popular and widely used -;)

And of course...I would buy this book right away if I was you...

Greetings,

Blag.
Developer Empowerment and Culture.

No hay comentarios: