viernes, 4 de abril de 2014

Cinder - Being Creative Coding - Book Review

I just finished reading Cinder - Being Creative Coding a small but nice book about Cinder.


The book starts with an introduction to Cinder, which is always nice if you're new to Cinder...then it uses some of the examples bundled with Cinder but without giving too much detail about them...and there's were I have some complains about the book...

If you're going to use examples from the Cinder installation...you could at least try to explain them instead just showing a little bit of code...otherwise...just show the images and that's it...

Anyway...I really like the chapter about image manipulation as I did something nice like this -;) Blag's on fire!


Also the video and audio chapters were really good...but...keep in mind...this book is for newbies...and nothing more than newbies...if you have some Cinder experience I wouldn't really recommend this book...even when it has some nice things that I wasn't aware of...it didn't make it a real bargain for me...

The 3D chapter was nice as well...but a little bit short...and I think that many things were left out...

The book could have been way much better if they author had included a couple of projects to be developed along the book...as the examples are very simple...

Next time I will read and review "Cinder Creative Coding Cookbook". Hopefully...that one will be better...

Greetings,

Blag.
Development Culture.

No hay comentarios: