viernes, 4 de abril de 2014

Cinder Creative Coding Cookbook - Book Review

Ok...sometimes I have a lot of time and I'm a really avid reader...also...for this particular book I haven't tried all the examples one by one...but that's just because I wanted to share my review with the community...

So...I just finished reading Cinder Creative Coding Cookbook...and I must say...the book is simply awesome!


I love Cinder...I can't denied that...but after reading this book...I love it even more...

First things first...this book is about useful recipes...so it's full of examples with documented source code and easy to follow explanations...but...it's not for newbies...I would say...get comfortable with Cinder...then read this book...and then fall in love with Cinder...

The chapter about Image Processing is simply superb...with Cinder build-in functions, OpenCV and Cairo integration just won my heart...with the recipes...you can even build your own...let's say...rustic face recognition app...

The chapter about Particle Systems is another gem that deserve to be mentioned...

The chapters about 2D and 3D graphics is really well documented and full of fun experiments...

And to end with a golden touch...Microsoft Kinect and QR Code integration...are just amazing...

This book is 352 pages! So you can expect thousand of recipes with the most diverse and cool outcomes...

The authors really made my day with this one -:)

And BTW...something that I think is worth mentioning...is that the book is focused on both Windows and Mac users at the same time...so no one is left behind...Ok...maybe Linux users...but...Cinder doesn't exist on Linux...so no harm done...

Greetings,

Blag.
Development Culture.

No hay comentarios: